Friday, June 8, 2012

Sweet Mini Galettes!

Lately I've been really ruminating on TARTLETS. That's the name, I should probably be making those, yeah? I've had lots of ideas for tartlets, but have been struggling with the fact that pie dough is scary to me, and also I'm not entirely sure how to ship the things... BUT I have been inspired by galettes. Sort of tarts, right? A version of a tart? They are basically freeform crusty treat dealios. And you can kind of put anything you want in them. They can be either sweet or savory, but sweet's my bag, yo.

I just bought a great bunch of blueberries that I'm really wanting to put into some kind of baked good. Blueberries are my favorite fruit ever (followed closely by pineapple) and I want to use them as much as I can while they're still in season (done around the end of June, sad face).


So Mini Blueberry Galettes it is! I'm going to modify this recipe from Buttered Up. 

Image from Spoon Fork Bacon

I'm going to make some tonight. Hopefully I remember to take process pictures this time. Eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment