Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting Started

I figure that these days social media and web presence is super important in starting a new business. So this morning I spent the day making Tartlet Bakery pages all over the place. My awesomely super and supportive boyfriend registered the domain name www.tartletbakery.com, so within the next 24 hours, that should show as belonging to me. I've also created a Facebook page, Etsy account, and Twitter. I even got a Google Voice number to use for my business.

None of this stuff is very pretty yet, and I don't have a website going at all, but I wanted to quickly own that name on every site I could think of so that when I get everything up and going, I already have the accounts.

www.startingtartlet.blogspot.com

www.tartletbakery.com

Tartlet Facebook Page

Tartlet Twitter

I also filled out the forms to register for a fictitious name in my county. Hopefully I'll have time to drop them off at the county clerk office tomorrow!

Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment