Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Out of the Kitchen Tuesday #4

At home chalkboard menues! Have you seen them? I love them! It's a great way to put some fun and style into meal planning. If you live with someone, it's also a good way to keep track of whose night it is to cook. Both my boyfriend and brother are about to move in, so I think this is going to really help us figure out dinners. (Also, ack I'm about to live with two boys when I've been living alone for about four years! Adjustment time!)

I saw this menu from WhipperBerry on Pinterest and thought it was a great idea!

How adorable is that? I wanted to do something similar, but that matched the style of my home a little more. What I really wanted was a good white frame for my chalkboard. It took me a while to find the right thing, but I finally stumbled across what I had been looking for at Ikea! Huzzah Ikea!
And for only 10 bucks! Whatta deal! So I grabbed the frame, it even had that black backing like it was screaming to be a chalkboard. I already had some chalkboard spray paint that I had picked up at Michael's, so I was all set there. I took the black piece of cardboard out of the frame and spray painted it in my garage. 

Once two coats had dried, I put the whole thing back together with the chalkboard piece facing out. I wrote out my menu for the week then hung it up right outside my kitchen. It's so perfect! It's exactly what I had been picturing and I love it!


Super cheap and easy to make! Now I just have to make sure my boyfriend and brother stick to their meal schedules :P



No comments:

Post a Comment